Join as an Aerospace Education Member (AEM) of the Civil Air Patrol (CAP) and enjoy many free aerospace educational opportunities ranging from receiving lesson plans to participating in a teacher orientation flight aboard one of our Cessna aircraft. This unique membership category is designed for educators or others involved in promoting aerospace education in classrooms, museums, or other youth organizations.
CAP offers educator members free national academic standards-based educational products, including a secondary textbook, Aerospace: The Journey of Flight, and six middle-school-level Aerospace Dimensions modules. There are numerous other educational products involving robotics, rocketry, astronomy, satellite imagery, model and remote control aircraft, cyber security, and much more that can be found HERE.
Civil Air Patrol, the volunteer auxiliary of the U.S. Air Force, is helping develop tomorrow’s aerospace/STEM workforce by Making Aerospace Real for Students (MARS)!
Through CAP’s award-winning MARS program, educators are offered:
- Free national standards-based aerospace education materials for youth organizations, museums, and K-12 public/private/parochial/home schools
- The K-12 Aerospace Education Excellence (AEX) Award program that can be integrated into the classroom or used as a stand-alone after-school or camp program
- The K-6 Aerospace Connections in Education (ACE) program for schools
- Grants available from Air Force Association to implement aerospace/STEM projects
- Low-cost aerospace textbooks that can be purchased for grades 6-12 from Vanguard (Aerospace: The Journey of Flight textbook-CAP0038D-and six Aerospace Dimensions modules-CAP0037D– and educator guides)
- Aerospace education newsletters full of current and useful information
- Teacher Orientation Program (TOP) flights in powered aircraft at local airport
- Aerospace-oriented workshops
- Aerospace education speakers and resources nationwide
Let Civil Air Patrol introduce YOU and YOUR YOUTH to MARS!
Become an Aerospace Education Member of CAP today! If you are ready to join using our online application, click here. There is a one-time $35 membership fee. Each year, an educator member receives a free renewal if he/she wishes to continue using the CAP AE products. As a 501(c)3 nonprofit, humanitarian corporation, CAP more than returns your membership dues in free programs, products, and services.
AE Curriculum Materials Listing